Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Clap-o-tee!



The Clapotis is finally finished. I'm blocking it tonight, horay!!!!! This project has been by far the longest one that I have every worked on and actually finished. I feel like I learned a lot of things I should have known by now in the world of knitting.
Things I learned from Clapotis,
  • The correct way to ktbl
  • the dangers of makeshift stitch markers
  • the joy of really good yarn
I've attached a link to the knitty pattern here http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html
If you attempt it be sure to know that, while not difficult, it's not totally mindless knitting either. And, while it requires 3-4 skeins of yarn to complete, when finished you'll be glad you splurged on the good stuff. I used Lorna's lace Shepherd Sport in Pine because I couldn't afford the silk/wool blend that the pattern recommends. While it's not as luxurious as the silk would be, it is beautiful and well worth the $50 spent on it.
It is finally done so I'm on to my next project, I've picked some girly lacy socks in a beautiful plum color. I chose them because I have incredibly large feet and these socks are little anklets so I won't spend the next three months knitting them. Here's the pattern for those of you who are interested. http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTvogon.html

Anyway, my husband is home from work today on account of the expected snow and he went out of the front door and woke Sophie up early from her nap so I have a grumpy toddler on my hands and must go. Happy knitting.

No comments: