Monday, February 25, 2008

Hungry, Hungry Hippo

So I'm departing from my stated theme of Knitting and Motherhood and branching out into, wait for it, crochet!!! I know, my life is so exciting I can hardly stand it. But the project I found is really cool!
http://bittersweetblog.wordpress.com/2007/03/12/hungry-hungry-hippo/
The story on that page is a little lame but I think the project is fun and I think the Sophi-ster will love it when it's finished. I'm planning on putting it in her Easter basket instead of any lame care bear, plastic goofiness that she would probably pick out and be tired of in 10 minutes. So, hooray for the hippo!
The yarn I'm using is a cotton three ply called Flash in Candy Strip and it's working pretty well except that it's a little hard to count the stitches because it's got so many colors going on. Oh well, I'll deal with it. I'm having fun with it anyway and the head is shaping up nicely. I'm off to buy buttons for the eyes. Later

No comments: